Sunday, December 18, 2011

Disappointed!!!

     On the night where Cagayan de Oro experienced a hard-hitting typhoon, I was strolling in the roads of Limketkai. Before I could notice the water level was rising, I was busy eating at Mcdonalds and had to deal an issue of not getting our change. When me and my friend went out, we were surprised by how high was the water and couldn't even cross the street going to Starbucks. So we walked, trying to find an area where we wouldn't get wet. Yet we didn't! So her parents decided to pick her where we were and I had to walk back to Mcdonalds and wait for a taxi to pass by.
     I was standing in the parking lot of Mcdonalds right across Starbucks where I work. My fellow baristas saw me holding a big umbrella as I shout of how I can't crossed the street. So there I was, with my only friend at that time, the umbrella, hoping endlessly for a taxi to pass by. While waiting, I saw a red Toyota Revo passed by me with a red plate, indicating that it was a government vehicle. To my amuse, the driver fetched a woman waiting outside Mcdonalds. So the woman went it and kaboom!!! They left! While some us were waiting for a ride that could drop us home or to streets where we could get rid of the flood, the driver just passed by. I was. so. disappointed!!! That car was not bought by that driver or lady who was in it. The  money used to purchase such came from the people of the Philippines who pays tax, who gives funds to buy some things that officials need. For them to get away that instant without even asking the others to take the ride with them, was improper. They don't own it! They didn't spend a penny to buy it! Selfish act!
     Next time, I hope for a better government official!

1 comment: